Member states: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates
Gulf Cooperation Council Charter (Signed 11 November 1981)
(Source: The Cooperation Council Charter Article 4)
- To effect co-ordination, integration and inter-connection between member states in all fields in order to achieve unity between them.
- To deepen and strengthen relations, links and areas of cooperation now prevailing between their peoples in various fields.
- To formulate similar regulations in various fields including the following:
- Economic and financial affairs.
- Commerce, customs and communications.
- Education and culture.
- Social and health affairs.
- Information and tourism.
- Legislative and administrative affairs.
- To stimulate scientific and technological progress in the fields of industry , mining, agriculture , water and animal resources: to establish scientific research : to establish joint ventures and encourage cooperation by the private sector for the good of their peoples.
- Patent Office